Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life is too short... Friend murdered...........

While the Internet can be a joy it has it's dark side often providing information to one that he/she does not want to know. Whether it be catching your spouse cheating, proving your friend wrong on a bet, or in this case finding out that you had a dissolution to a friendship w/out your control. This tool we call the Internet has utterly dropped me to my knees yet once again.

Many of you that know me, know the situation with my now ex fiance, and the difficulty in getting through it. It's been the hardest time I think I have ever gone through, the only person I have fallen in love with ended things - alot more to the story but that's the gist.

Now we come to today, where I was just on here looking up some old people I went to school with to see how they were doing. Not so much to talk, but to see... So I am looking up names and run across someones blog. A middle school friend who I had kept in contact with little by little till she became married had a specific blog page dedicated to her. (what was this I ask my self) since the topic was unspecified. This goes to show, things can be taken at a moments notice. I'm aware of how bitter/sweet life is, I just wish others could see it. Even though this happened 2 years ago finding out about it has the same effect, if not worse - because I missed the funeral. To Jen's family, losing someone has an unexplainable pain that no one will be able to take away. I pray for everyone in your family and hope that all are coping. I am so sorry for your loss!

Damon

(So I click it, and this is what I see)

I just found Jennifer Depeal was murdered Monday night. Her husband shot her then killed himself. She was 4 months pregnant. She had two children ages 3 and 7 who were visiting their father that night. She was one of my closest friends in school and this news is very upsetting! Here is her obituary from Orlando Sentinel:

Jennifer Ann Depeal

DEPEAL, JENNIFER ANN, 26, was suddenly taken from us on Monday, June 12, 2006. She was a lifelong resident of Orlando, Florida. She is survived by her children, Hunter and Hannah Carr; children's father, Howard D. Carr; father, Michael J. DePeal and stepmother, Susan DePeal; mother, Michelle E. Elliot and stepfather Richard E. Elliott of Winter Park; sister, Kathleen DePeal; brothers, Dustin and Conan Kelley all of Orlando; paternal grandparents, Michael J. and Arleen DePeal of Hartwell, GA; great grandmother, Emma Seeley; extended family and loving friends. Funeral Service will be held at 7PM

8 comments:

Jennifer whitt said...

I grew up with Jennifer we all called her big Jen and I was little Jen because of our age deference. She is forever missed and loved.

Truth Presenter - Damon said...

still can't believe it after all of these years... =(

Truth Presenter - Damon said...

Jennifer if you're on FB, add me... Damon Herota

Anonymous said...

That was my mom.

Truth Presenter - Damon said...

I am so sorry for your loss... Your mother was an amazing friend and I wish to god she was with us. Her smile could light up a room from a mile away! I still say prayers for you all.

If you ever have any questions or want to talk, feel free to say hello. I am on FB. Damon Herota

thegreatsongtraveler said...

This was my cousin. So sorry to everyone affected. I remember her well.

Truth Presenter - Damon said...

Hi James. Thanks for posting. I remember her well also. All through middle school I had a crush on her. Such an pleasant girl and always smiling. She will never be forgotten!

Truth Presenter - Damon said...

Always thinking of you Jennifer... you were my childhood crush I did not act on and I regretted that years following our graduating and going to different schools. I miss you dearly and know you are in a much better place. Miss you... Hugs....